Solo women travellers can now explore Spain without having to worry about exclusivity. With women who travel alone often feeling uncomfortable or vulnerable exploring the world, Som Dona Hotel, a new resort in Mallorca, Spain has opened its doors to accommodate and cater to only to women.
Located on the cost of the Manacor island, the resort offers comfort, relaxation, art, healthy living and Mediterranean flavours surrounded by nature and the seashore. Set in the town of Porto Cristo, Mallorca, the hotel aims to provide a safe space for women travellers coming to Spain, to enjoy travelling based on their own terms. The four-star resort offers guest with chic premium rooms, lounge areas, a bar, beach-style pool, a rooftop terrace, a wellness centre and healthy food options. They even offer local getaways to Majorca personalised to tailor to their all-female audience.
With the property uniquely designed to meet the customer needs, contemporary yet chic seem to be the theme all artistically incorporating hues and pinks in their spacious rooms. The chic rooms are all packed with contemporary amenities including hairdryers and yes even hair straighteners. With the vanity in each room featuring special jewellery and makeup compartments, this hotel is truly designed for only women.
Women-only spaces in travel aren’t old news
With more women-only spaces on the rise across the world, solo women travellers can now travel without having to be uncomfortable. Here is a list of places that offer women-friendly stays:
- Bella Sky Comwell in Copenhagen has a dedicated floor called Bella Donna, that used to only cater to women, even though the floor is available for men to book, all rooms on the Bella Donna room as outfitted with champagne and smoothies in the minibar, nail files and special skin-care samples.
- Downtown Vancouver’s Georgian Court Hotel also caters to just female clients with a dedicated all-female floor, with added security. Also known as the orchid floor, the all-female floor provides yoga mats, satin hangers and ladies ‘emergency kits’ with hosiery and sanitary products.
- Similarly, since 2005, most of the ITC group hotels in India offer an Eva floor, that is not only equipped with complimentary amenities but also offers an all-female staff including security guards and contains a videophone service for additional screening of visitors.
- Hongta Hotel, in Shangai’s Pudong area also offers a three-story all-female staffed service along with female-friendly rooms.
- The Wyndham Boca Raton, which has been operating its women-only floor from 2010, also offers larger rooms with large bath sheets, silk hangers, aromatherapy candles and women’s magazines.
You can read more about solo women-friendly destinations here.