Do you wish to experience the world without losing much money from your pockets? Well, there are many countries you can visit from India to make your dream come true of holidaying in an international destination without breaking the bank balance. Here is a list of five cheapest countries you can explore with your family and friends for a perfect holiday.
List of the Cheapest Countries to Travel from India
Nepal is one of the nicest neighbours of India, providing various accommodation facilities with a limited budget. This location is trekking-friendly and has eye-catching scenery and surroundings. Nepal is a paradise for thrill-seekers. Also, one can visit monasteries for a spiritual connection.
- Activities: Ancient temples in Pokhara and Kathmandu and Mt. Everest base camp, which is the world’s highest peak, are among the few activities to do.
- Sites to visit: some of the best places include Bhaktapur, Dakshinkali temple, Lumbini, Boudhanath Stupa, Siddha Gufa, Hanuman Dhoka, and Parsa wildlife, Devi fall is among a few places to visit.
- Average cost: Approx. INR 55,906 – for 7/8 days
- Optimal Time to Visit: October – November
The cheapest country to travel from India is Bhutan which is known for its eye-catching surreal valleys, monasteries, and so on. One must also visit a place called Taktsang, the main highlight of this place, located at high perch.
- Activities: Himalayan tours, sightseeing, cultural tours, sports and adventure activities, wildlife tours, and treks are among a few activities to do.
- Sites to visit: some of the best places include Thimpu, Trashigang, Haa Valley, Trongsa, and Punakha Dzong are among the few places to visit.
- Optimal Time to Visit: October – December
- Average cost: Approx. INR 44,330 – for 7/8/ days
Thailand has much more to see other than islands and beaches including rich cultural heritage, ancient ruins, opulent royal palaces, nightlife in Bangkok, and so on.
One can experience the whole package of relaxation and adventures for a thrilling vacation. Thailand is also known for being one of the cheapest neighbours of India with budget-friendly vacations.
- Activities: Elephant Tourism, shopping, water sports, night parties, floating market tours, and treks are among a few activities to do.
- Sites to visit: some of the best places include Bangkok, Pattaya, Krabi, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Phi Phi Islands are among few places to visit.
- Optimal Time to Visit: November – early April
- Average cost: Approx. INR 63, 463 – for 7/8 days
4. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is known as one of the UNESCO world heritage sites surrounded by the best landscapes and pocket-friendly options for all. This place is famous for its connection to Ramayan, beaches, cuisine, and rich heritage.
- Activities: Art and culture tour, water adventure sports, religious tour, plantation visit, and wildlife tour are among a few activities to do.
- Sites to visit: Kataragama, Colombo, Galle, Kirinda, Panduwasnuwara, Kandy, Sabaragamuwa, Matara, Yapahuwa are among few places to visit.
- Optimal Time to Visit: December – April
- Average cost: Approx. INR 56,800 – for 7/8 days
Malaysia is a must-visit budget-friendly, neighbouring country from India. One can see the beautiful eye-catching sky-touching buildings and towers like Petronas Tower. One can also enjoy the panoramic view through cable cars in the highlands.
- Activities: Leisure tours, sightseeing, shopping, adventures, wildlife tour, and cultural tour are among a few activities to do.
- Sites to visit: Petronas Tower, Labuan, Miri, Pangkor, Kapas Island, Redang Island, Kuala Lumpur, and Pangkor are among the few places to visit.
- Optimal Time to Visit: November – February
- Average cost: Approx. INR 99,400 for – 7/8 days
For travel enthusiasts, there are a great number of budget-friendly destinations near India for a perfect and peaceful holiday. One can explore the beautiful landscapes, eye-catching nature, beaches, etc., to make their holidays memorable. So, when you plan to a vacation, don’t forget to buy a travel insurance. It is crucial as it protects the travelers from financial risks as well as uncertainties on the trip. With travel insurance by your side, you can have a happy and safe trip.