Seoul is a beautiful city encompassed by hilly and mountainous landscapes. To the north is the famous Bukhan Mountain. There are lots of things to do in Seoul. It is full of history as well as cultural landmarks which have been made UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Nestled beside the Han River, Seoul is the capital of South Korea. The city’s long history that can be traced back to about 18 BC, and has been the capital city of three kingdoms.
How to Reach Seoul
- At Seoul’s Incheon International Airport you can find a hub of transportation options to get to the city.
- The Airport Railroad Express is perhaps the cheapest as well as the fastest way of reaching Seoul. There are two types of express trains that are operated by the AREX. If you are in a hurry then opt for express trains. Otherwise, use the all-stop trains. However, they take a bit longer, more than 15 minutes, to reach central Seoul.
- Buses are also available from the airport. They are quite affordable and convenient.
How to commute in Seoul
- Metro: One of the most convenient and preferred ways to commute in Seoul is using its Metro service. Most parts of the city are well connected with the metro.
- Taxi: Excellent taxi services are available in Seoul; they can take you to your destination with a great ease.
- Bus: If you are looking for a more economic means of transport, then you can turn to the bus service as well.
What Not To Miss In Seoul
Tourists are spoilt for choice when it comes to Seoul attractions. The city has museums, historical sites, parks and memorials. You can explore all these different sites to make your Seoul travel memorable. Here are some places to visit in Seoul.
- Seoul Tower: Seoul tower has one of the most magnificent views of the whole city. Its scenic panorama of the Seoul skyline is unmatched. Visitors can enjoy cable car ride that will take you to the Peak of Namsan Mountain, where this tower is located.
- Lotte World Amusement Park: Both you and your children will get the full entertainment package in the Lotte World Amusement Park. There is a magical Island inside this park filled with thrilling adventurous rides and activities.
- The Han River: If anyone wants to take a break from their busy city life then you can take a boat ride on the lovely Han River.
- Namsan Mountain: Apart from being the home of Seoul Tower, Namsan is an ideal place for hiking. Located in the midst of the city, it is also popular with locals.
- Korean Street Food: If you wish to fill your stomach with the best of Seoul food, then don’t miss the many Korean street food markets that will satisfy you with mouth-watering food.
Other Things To Do In Seoul
When you are in Seoul you are at the confluence of art, culture, history and excellent architecture. Seoul was once bordered by walls to safeguard it from invaders. There are lots of other things that you can enjoy and explore in Seoul.
- COEX mall
- Olympic stadium
- Seoul city hall
- The world trade centre, Seoul
- National Museum of Korea
- Seodaemun Prison
- Myengdong cathedral
- Seoul Olympic Park
- Wongaska pagoda
- Amsa-dong Prehistoric settlement site
Seoul is also an understated shopper’s paradise, read about the various places you can shop here.
If there are any things to do in Seoul we’ve missed, be sure to share them in the comments.