Travel and art go hand in hand. Tattooing in India has come a long way, be it, mehndi tattoos or inked ones. Whether you treasure it or regret it, whether you remember it or wonder how it happened, returning home from a vacation with a tattoo design of your choice is hardly uncommon. Getting permanent travel tattoos is a huge commitment, and along with the added factor of travel memories, it adds to your excitement. However, there are some things to keep in mind before you get inked. The place where you want to get a tattoo from, besides the style and design.
Given a massive list of talented tattoo artists in India, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get inked if you want to, on your next trip across the country. If you are serious about it, go ahead with extra care and precautions. Consider some of these tattoo places that have the best tattoo parlours where you can get inked.
Four Destinations In India Where You Can Get Inked
1. Goa: The Land Of Exotic Beaches
As much as Goa is known for its exotic serene beaches, it is also home to some of the best travel tattoo ideas and body art studios in India. No matter what you want or where you want it, the artists in Goa are known for experimenting and their flair for innovation. We all know that Goa is a party place, but besides that, if you are keen on getting inked, Goa is the best place filled with tattoo parlours. Some of the top locations include:
- Moksha Tattoo Studio – Calangute Beach Rd, Near Baga Circle, Calangute, Goa/Contact: 098817 73312
- Krish Tattoo Studio – Shop No. 1, Near Infantaria Restaurant, Calangute-Baga Road, Calangute, Goa/ Contact: 098605 97442
- Inkfidel Tattoo – 519/1, Anjuna Mapusa Road, Bouta Waddo, Assagao, Goa/ Contact: 098204 15684
- Sandy Tattoo Studio – Shop 4, Near SBI Bank, Calangute Beach Road, Calangute, Goa/ Contact: 095526 66999
Also read: North Vs South Goa – Where Should You Go?
2. Shillong: The Scotland Of The East
Known as the Scotland of the East, Shillong is also a popular destination where tattooing skills are imbibed in the city’s culture. Whether you want to paint your biceps with dragons or travel icons, decorate your back with star signs, Shillong is a paradise town to find some peace of mind alongside the finest tattoo artists to ink your body. These travel tattoos are also a great way to remind yourself of the beauties of this hill station.
- Raphael Tattoos – Fire brigade, Lower Motinagar, Nongthymmai Near Bank of India, Shillong/ 070052 87030
- Hard Knox Tattoos & Artwork – Laitumkhrah Main Road, Opp. Beat House.HRM building second floor, Shillong/ Contact: 087945 90359
- Gov’z Tattoo Inn – Police Bazar, Shillong/ Contact: 096159 07877
3. Kasol: The Hippy-Like Destination
In Kasol, the air is filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread from bakers’ hut, and this is where you find the best tattoo studios too. Known for its hippy culture, Kasol’s tattoo culture isn’t something new. Its designs are therefore pretty evolved. Thanks to its peaceful surroundings, this is where drawing tattoos can almost let you relax.
- Kasol Tattoo Studio – Grahn Street, Kasol, Himachal Pradesh/ Contact: 094180 24954
- Godland Buddha Tattoos – Hari Ram Complex, 175105 Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
4. Darjeeling: The Queen of Hills
Getting inked in Darjeeling is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. Unlike other cities in India, the travel tattoos in Darjeeling are unique. A lot of the artists here use bright colours and psychedelic art styles. They are also especially good at incorporating images of the Buddha. Get yourself inked with your favourite image or an inspiring quote.
- Pradhan Studio – Chauk Bazaar, Darjeeling/ Contact: 099331 87595
- Gorkha Ink – (Above Boneys Cafe) Capital Market, Club side, Laden la road, Darjeeling/ Contact: 081165 58041
- Tattoo 29 – Tattoo 29 (Body Art Studio), Singalila Shopping Arcade, B- Floor, Nehru Rd, Darjeeling/ Contact: 087688 56129
Want to get inked? Or getting your first travel tattoo? Here are some simple tips.
- Don’t rush. Take time to decide which body part you would like to get inked.
- Consider and also, research the studios.
- Keep a design ready ahead of time.
- Be mentally prepared and take care of yourself. Consider eating a healthy meal and drink plenty of water beforehand.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Relax and take care of your tattoo after getting inked.
Travel Tattoos, A Souvenir That Lasts
Undoubtedly, getting permanent travel tattoos is equivalent to getting a souvenir you will never lose. So, getting one inked in the right place on your body and from a perfect destination is very important. Not just this, if you want to feel connected to your tattoo, why not consider getting a design that’s related to the place you’ve been to? A special experience or a destination with meaning makes the souvenir that much more exciting, doesn’t it?
Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever gotten a tattoo on a holiday.