Best Hair Serums for your hair type is hard to find. Some might be good for dry hair, some are good for curls and some are good for both. It is good to know your hair type first and then search for the best hair serum for your hair. Hair serums tame frizzy hair and make them close to normal.
First of all, we need to understand what makes your hair frizzy.
A strand of hair is made of mainly three components – Lipids (oils and fats), water and protein. So that makes it important to consume those things to make your hair healthy and shiny.
If you have naturally curly or wavy hair you need to know a fact.
Naturally curly or wavy hair are naturally dry hair. Thus are more prone to the frizziness. That is the reason when you travel to places with high humidity, your hair starts absorbing moisture.
You have dry hair and the air has moisture equals to… FRIZZ! 🙁
We all go through that problem.. We know how it feels!
So even if you have spent your energy and your arms and legs in blowdrying them in an expensive salon, it’s going to be of no use. Your hair is still going to suck up the air moisture!
There are a few tips that I want to give you before I move on to the best hair serums for frizzy hair:
Never, ever brush your hair when the hair is dry. That will just make your hair drier and more frizzy. Brush when your hair is damp and when you want to use a blow dryer, make sure you use a round brush because it soothes the frizz.
Stop using alcohol on your hair. Manufacturers use alcohol in most of the products because it is cheap and easily available in the market. Alcohol just makes your hair dry. It extracts all the moisture from your hair and makes it dry and frizzy.
Argon oil works like a charm to the hair. The best part about it is that it is not sticky. It doesn’t make your hair greasy because of being lightweight. After you blow-dry put a small amount of argan oil in your palm and spread it evenly on your hair. This will not only lower the frizz but also provide moisture and nutrition to your hair.
Hairwax! You have to take a very small amount of hair wax on your fingers and smooth them out. Hair wax waves down the hair and makes it even and you will not have a pinch of frizziness on your hair.
Only shampoo your roots. All the oil, sweat and dirt is accumulated in the roots of your hair so why wash the ends and take away all the moisture.
These are a few basic tips that can make your hair less frizzy. but always remember that this is a waiting game. Don’t expect to lose the frizz in a day. But believe that it will eventually go away.
Moving on to the best hair serums for frizzy hair
The Bodyshop Grapeseed Glossing Serum
The Bodyshop Grapeseed Glossing Serum is available online and smoothens your hair and increases shine.
- Makes hair glossy and soft.
- Can be washed easily.
- Designed for people with dull hair.
- Contains grape seed extract and sesame seed oil that nourishes hair and retains moisture.
- A very light serum.
- Improves hair texture
- Easily detangles hair
- Prevents breakage.
- A small amount goes a long way.
It is a little costly. A 75mL bottle is for INR 895/-. But it is definitely worth the price.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo Complexe
Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo Complexe is another hair serum that will not cost you a fortune and will make your hair feel like a dream.
- Works like regular hair oil.
- Can be used on the scalp.
- Will not make your scalp greasy.
- You can use it as a heat protectant before blow drying or straightening.
- It controls frizz and makes your hair soft.
- Has a mild fragrance
Again the cost is on the higher side but is worth the money. Instead of buying many cheap and useless products, I think it’s better to buy one good product that you won’t regret later.
Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum
Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum adds instant shine to your hair and nourishes it simultaneously.
- Has a light non-sticky formula.
- Contains botanical ingredients that lock the nourishment.
- Minimises the damage caused by styling.
- Can be used before hair styling as well.
- Using too much can make your hair look oily.
- If you have really dry hair, you might have to reapply it.
Schwarzkopf BC Repair Rescue Sealed Ends
Schwarzkopf BC Repair Rescue Sealed Ends is best for people with fine hair.
- Best for people with fine hair
- Lightweight serum
- Reduces frizz
- Contains alcohol which can extract moisture from the hair.
- Not adviced to apply on a regular basis
Streax Perfect Shine Hair Serum
Streax Perfect Shine Hair Serum is budget friendly and will magically make your hair frizz-free.
- Makes hair manageable, soft and shiny.
- Contains walnut oil content.
- Works best on dehydrated and damaged hair.
- Nourishes your hair and keeps them frizz-free for a longer time.
- Lightweight, thus not much used.
- Easily available
- The fragrance is not that great. If someone is really very particular about fragrances, this might not be for them. Otherwise is a great product.
These tips and these best hair serums will help you make your hair frizz-free and will make you shine.
I have a solution for you if you are facing spring seasonal hair loss!
I also have a few hairstyles that you can opt for when travelling to save your hair from the damage caused by city pollution and dirt.
Do let me know in the comments section below if the tips and the serums treated you nicely.
Always have a great hair day!