Packing – An essential part of your travelling
Whether you are travelling alone or with a group of friends, very often or once in a while, staying for a week or a month, packing is the most important part of your travel. Depending on the things you are going to add to your luggage, your trip might prove to be a successful one or one during which you are asking yourself how you could forget packing sunglasses – or something worse. Whatever the scope of your travelling is, your luggage must contain the key objects without which you cannot enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
We all know that when the moment to pack your luggage comes, we are all extremely excited and worried to not miss anything out.
Packing your main luggage
In order to avoid this stressful situation and not allow anything to ruin your travels, make sure you organize your main luggage extremely well. First and foremost, choosing your luggage needs to be in accordance with your travelling plans and the destination you choose. If you are going for a hit and run city break, then choosing a 4-wheel luggage will ensure you can carry a lot of weighty items. If versatility is important in your trip, then choosing a backpack might have its advantages.
Whatever type of luggage you are going for, make sure that you check off the following travel items when adding them in:
- Clothing, according to season
- A jacket or sweater
- Umbrella, in case it rains (or to shield yourself from the bright sun)
- A hat
- Shoes designed for long walking
- An extra pair of slippers or flip-flops
- Chargers for both laptop and phone
- Travel pillow
A toiletry bag can save you
Since it is not recommended that you mix clothes with creams and other items that might be liquid, it is essential you don’t forget about your toiletry bag. This should contain:
- Washing-items: shampoo, toothbrush, floss and mouthwash, shower gel, hairbrush and other hygiene objects
- Solution and cases for your contact lenses, in case you wear any
- Sewing kit and razors
- Wet wipes and tissues/ toilet paper
- Towel – to use in the bathroom or on the beach
- Nail clippers
While a lot of more items can be added to the toiletry bag, depending on your daily routine, these are the minimum summer items you need to have with you. Make sure that each item is responsibly added to your luggage and they are approved at check-in, or they need to be in the checked luggage.
Health checks are essentials
Your health is the most important not only before, but also during your holiday. While you can easily run some health checks before you leave, there are also some items that you can carry with you in your luggage that will ensure you stay healthy and enjoy your trip:
- Prescriptions, if you are taking medication on a constant basis
- Medicine for cold
- Allergy medicines, if you are going to specific environments
If you are going to travel to a destination where vaccinations are required, make sure you do that at least a few months before leaving. This will give you plenty of time to treat second effects or any possible allergies caused by these vaccines.
Hold your personal items close
In almost all circumstances, you will also need a bag where you can pack items that are extremely important and need to be at hand to use. For example:
- Mobile device and laptop
- Water bottle
Least, but not last – Important documents to travel with
When thinking about what documents you should take with you or leave at home for safety reasons, it is also recommended you check the requirements in the country you are travelling to. Some of the must-have documents to pack in your luggage are:
- Personal ID
- Credit cards and cash money
- Student IDs, for discounts and special deals
- Health Insurance card
- Travel insurance
- Emergency cards where you can write down emergency numbers
3 surprising travel items to pack
All the items mentioned above are the most common travel objects most people pack. However, it has probably happened during your holiday that you needed surprising things, which were never on your packing list. Some of the most surprising items someone could pack and prove to be extremely helpful are:
- Envelopes, to organize your valuable documents and papers better. You can also use envelopes to put aside some money for emergency situations.
- Cheap phone case, to make your phone not draw too much attention and become an easy target.
- Scarf, as it can work for multiple purposes: to keep you warm, to be worn as an elegant accessory and so many more.
All in all, organizing your travel pack might be challenging. However, if you follow simple steps and organize your items based on categories, you will manage to include everything you need without too much hassle. One last thing you should not forget about when packing your summer luggage is your smile though. Happy packing!
Check out some more tips on stress-free packing tips here.