A winter packing list can be huge work if not planned. Winter clothes are heavy and bulky. They can take a lot of space and leave very little space for the essentials. Especially for a short trip, it is very important to make your winter packing list as crisp as possible. But crisp doesn’t mean miss your winter packing essentials at home and take along baby diapers knowing that you don’t have a baby! Here, I am going to tell you what to take for a four-day winter trip.
Let me help you with the procedure and make your life a little bit easy.
Winter packing list should have a pattern. Let me start stepwise.
Wherever you are heading, the first thing that you need to decide is the luggage. You obviously do not want to carry a huge suitcase for a day’s trip and you also don’t want to carry a medium sized luggage for a month’s trip. Choose your luggage wisely. Your clothes are supposed to be packed, not dumped!
See, I am not telling you to have OCD. I am telling you to be organised for your own convenience. Packing cube, compression bags and packing folders are for your organised packing. You can either take all of them along and help yourself or else depending upon what you are taking, pick either of them.
List of what to take along
Your winter packing list for a four-day trip needs to be minimal. It is not important to take your entire wardrobe with you. You can do without most of your stuff… Think before putting anything extra in the bags because …
You will have to carry it, yourself!
So here is the winter packing list for a four day-trip for you.
I am not suggesting you take everything that is in the list below. Pick what is important for your trip and pack accordingly.
The basic requirements:
- Shirts (Maximum 2) for a business trip
- Formal trousers (one dark coloured) that can go with anything.
- One suit/ or a formal cardigan/ one long coat
- Formal shoes
- 2 pairs of socks and a necktie
- A towel
- T-shirts and tops ( 2 each)
- Lightweight clothes (layering is the key)
- Trousers/Jeans/Shorts (Dark colour is a magic colour that can be matched with any top)
- 2 pairs of socks (Compression socks if you are planning hiking)
- Comfortable shoes
- Windcheater or a raincoat
- Accessories (not compulsory) – These can be packed in mini cubes
- A towel
Toiletry as well as skin care products during winters are important. Winters can be really harsh to your skin.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (Mouthwash and floss depends on how much cleaner you want your teeth)
- Shampoo and conditioner (You might get these in hotels, but it is better to carry your own with you. Carry them in small bottles)
- Makeup and makeup remover (for women, I don’t think men carry lipsticks very well)
- Sunscreen with SPF more than 50
- Face Wash
- Lip balm
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Glasses / Prescription sunglasses
Gadgets you probably won’t forget but you might forget their chargers. Don’t do that. Check the list here:
- Camera and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Travel speakers/earphones
- Travel pillow
- Eye mask and ear plugs
- Electric converters
- Travel apps (For language, directions and money conversions)
Health care is important. Don’t forget yourself while travelling. Carry all important medicines or prescriptions with you.
- First aid kit (bandages, gauze, adhesives, thermometer, painkillers, allergy medicines, diarrhoea medicines, sunburn medication, motion sickness, mosquito repellant, Cold medicines)
- Personal prescriptions
- Antibacterial ointment
- Altitude sickness pills (if you are planning to hike)
- Eye drops
- Wet wipes
- Hand sanitizers
- Passport/ Visa
- Identity proof
- Cash and credit card(s)
- Health insurance cards
- Travel insurance information
- Reservations and itineraries (hard and soft copies)
- Hotel contact information
- Travel tickets (hard and soft copies)
- Emergency contacts and important addresses
- Take a copy of each item mentioned above just in case you misplace your wallet
- Guidebooks and maps
Quick tip: Remember that minimal packing is the key. The less you pack, the more effective is your packing.
Make sure you have checked everything at home before leaving!
So this was your winter packing list for a four-day trip. Make sure you take everything along with you and have a safe and comfortable trip.
Let us know in the comments section below if the list was helpful. Wishing you a very memorable journey and an amazing New year!